Saturday, April 28, 2012

Low Carb High Fiber Chocolate Chia Pudding

I don't remember where I heard about this but I had to try it for myself.  So I found some chia seeds and unsweetened almond milk.  I heard it tastes like tapioca pudding(I love tapioca pudding).  Chia seeds are high in fiber and a great source of Omega 3.  I found numerous recipes online to get an idea of how much milk to seed ratio.  Here is what I came up with:


Chocolate Chia Pudding
2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3/4 cup chia seeds
3 Tbsp xylitol
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Put all ingredients in a quart glass jar, put lid on and shake or you could use a bowl and stir. I made it fun so my little ones could help.  Put in fridge for 4 hours or overnight.  Shake up once in a while.  spoon into dishes and top with what every your heart desires(berries, whipped cream, nuts, flaked unsweetened coconut, etc) or just plain.
It was very good.  Texture like tapioca, and a little crunch from the seeds.  My kids loved it too.  They topped theirs with whipped cream and berries:) 

6-1/2 cup servings
Each serving: Calories 94.5, Fat 2.8g, Carbs 9.1g, Fiber 8.2g, Protein 4.9g, Net Carbs 0.9g
Atkins: Can be used in all phases

No comments:

Post a Comment