Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Low Carb Tuna & Cauliflower Patties and Tomato, Cucumber, Mozzarella and Olive salad

I got this idea from one of my Low Carb cookbooks.  It called for low carb bread and some other ingredients that I don't have.  So I used the base for tuna and cauliflower and made my own version.


Low Carb Tuna & Cauliflower Patties
1 16oz bag of frozen cauliflower
1/4 cup golden flax meal
2 lg eggs
2-5oz can chunk tuna in water, drained
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning(watch for added sugar in ingredients, I used Trader Joe's brand)
2 Tbsp dried parsley

Steam cauliflower until tender.  Let cool slightly.  Add to food processor and pulse.  Add the eggs and pulse until combined.  Pour mixture into a bowl, add flax meal and stir until combined.  Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
After the 5 minutes, add tuna and seasonings.
On Medium high heat, lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil.  When the skillet is hot, drop 1/4 cup of mixture( I used a ice cream scoop) and flatten with a rubber spatula to form a pattie.  Cook for 3 minutes and then flip.  Let the other side cook for 3 more minutes.   Makes about 13 patties 
I topped mine with 1 tsp mayo and a sprinkle of dill weed.
Each pattie without topping: Calories 58.7, Fat 1.8g, Carbs 2.3g, Fiber 1.6g, Protein 8.5g, Net Carbs
0.7g
Atkins: All phases


This salad I just kind of threw what I had together.  It was tasty and kid approved:) 

Tomato, Cucumber, Mozzarella and Olive Salad
20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 can whole medium black olives
1-8oz fresh mozzarella pearls
2 small-medium cucumbers or 1 large cucumber, cut up into bite size peices
1/4 cup italian dressing.

Throw all ingredients together and let chill for a few hours.  Then serve.
Very easy, and tasty:)
Makes 8 servings
Each serving: Calories 153.8, Fat 11.4g, Carbs 6.2g, Fiber 1.6g, Protein 7.4g, Net Carbs 4.6g
Atkins: All Phases

No comments:

Post a Comment