Sunday, March 4, 2012

Low Carb Almond Butter Cookies

I wanted some peanut butter cookies, but I can't due to my son has an allergy to peanuts, so I made these instead.  Helped with my sweet tooth craving:)


Almond Butter Cookies
1 cup almond butter(I used trader joe's almond butter with roasted flaxseed, crunchy and salty)
1/8-1/4 cup almond flour, depends on oil of almond butter
1/2 cup xylitol
1/2 cup brown sugar twin
1 lg egg
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Mix all ingredients in bowl with electric mixer.  Form into 22 balls(I used a small cookie dough scoop and then formed balls).  Put on cookie sheet leaving about a 2 inch space between balls.  Use a flork and make crisscross pattern on top.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Remove from oven and let pan sit for a few minutes before removing.

Makes 22 cookies
Each Cookie: Calories 95.3, Fat 7.1g, Carbs 2.4g, Fiber 1.6g, Protein 3.1g, Net Carbs 0.8g
Atkins Phase 2 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment