Thursday, January 19, 2012

Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies

This morning I thought I would play around with my almond flour.  I just bought 25 yummy pounds of it:)  I also needed to warm up this house, it is -13 dregrees F in chilling MN, so I thought some baking would help.  I took a basic chocolate chip recipe and tweaked it.  These turned out cake like, chewy and very yummy.  Yeap, I ate one at 10:30am:)(see it missing from the photo)

Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 cup stick butter, softened
1/4 cup Xylitol
1/4 cup Sugar Twin Brown
1 Lg egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup almond flour
3/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips(I make my own as the ones from the store are over $5 a package) see below.

Cream together butter and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla.  Then add baking soda, and almond flour. 
Drop on cookie sheet(I used a cookie dough scoop, looks like a small ice cream scoop).  Bake in a 350 degree pre-heat oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Makes 19 cookies
Each cookie: Calories 96.5, Total Fat 9.1g, Total Carb 2.4g, Fiber 1.5g, Sugar 0.4g, Protein 2.3g, Net Carbs 0.9g
*Atkins Phase 2 and up

ENJOY:)

Sugar Free Chocolate Chips.
I make the ones that Candice's makes.  Here is her blog: http://www.ticklemysweettooth.com/blog/
Candice’s Low Carb Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
Ingredients:
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder *
1/4 cup(2oz) unsalted butter
8 drops liquid Sucralose (I use EZ-Sweetz)**
Instructions:
In heat proof bowl, melt butter in microwave.
Add cocoa. Stir until smooth.
Add liquid sucrose and stir well. If you want a little sweeter, you can add a few more drops. 8 is enough for me though.
Put chocolate mixture into a pipping bag**** and pipe out chips on a parchment lined cookie/baking sheet.
You can pipe as small or large as you like. I make about the size as a normal chocolate chip.
Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set up chips.
Peal off chips and store in air tight container or baggie in the freezer until you need to use.
Makes approx. 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, are you sure it is 1+1/2 cup of almond flour? It is just that mine kink looked different from yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The batch that is photoed above was made with sugar free hersey's chocolate chips. They make look different if you used the recipe to make your own chocolate chips. I prefer the homemade chocolate chips as they have a more of a dark chocolate taste. The kids prefer the SF hersey's chocolate chips. They also might look different with different brands of almond flour. I buy blanched Bulk almond flour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hum! Well, like you I made my own chocolate chips (with the recipe given. In Portugal there are no brands of almond flour. Well, I guess I'll have to figure out a way!

      But they are soo good!

      Delete